Hi there,
I'm working on configuring maven-scm plugin to use maven to do daily
update/commit jobs.

A problem is that I don't want to write my authentication information
(username/password) into the project pom file (otherwise it will be shared
through subversion). Neither want I use subversion "cached password" mechanism.
I found some web-pages said that the svn repository server information (with
username/password) could be written in settings.xml as following:
<servers>
       <server>
              <id>http://svnrepo.my.com/svn/project/trunk</id>
              <username>username</username>
              <password>password</password>
       </server>
</servers>
And in project pom, just write
       <scm>

<connection>scm:svn:http://svnrepo.my.com/svn/project/trunk</connection>
           <url>http://svnrepo.my.com/svn/project/trunk</url>
       </scm>

Then the mvn scm:update should work.

I tried. But I still got authentication failure.

Is there any way to make it?

Thanks in advance.

Fred