From: Tomasz Zieleniewski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri 12/14/2007 9:55 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: maven2 release plugin - no dependencies update

Hi,

I have following problem.
I have a main maven project of the pom type which consists of 4 subprojects
of the type jar.
Two of my subprojects have dependency on the two previous ones.
When I invoke mvn release:prepare -D dryRun=true
everything works fine except that the dependencies from two last subrojects
are not updated to the new dev version

So for instance when I have following release state
pom - 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
sub1 - 1.0-SNAPSHOT
sub2 - 1.0-SNAPSHOT
sub3 - 1.0-SNAPSHOT
sub4 - 1.0-SNAPSHOT

and inside sub3 pom.xml such dependency
<dependencies>
  <dependency>
    <groupId>group</groupId>
    <artifactId>sub1</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <scope>provided</scope>
  </dependency>
</dependencies>

and even if the version for sub1 is increased by release the dependency
version is not changed.
I tried to use -D*updateDependencies
<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#updateDependencies>
<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#updateDependencies>=true