Hi,

I'm trying to issue the following command on a maven project:

mvn eclipse:eclipse

But I get the following error message:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'eclipse'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

This is really strange, because in the past I was able to run this command
without any problems. I installed a fresh copy of mvn 2.0.8 on linux. If I
take a look into the maven-2.0.8-uber.jar, I can't find in
org/apache/maven/plugin a path to the eclipse plugin.

Do I have to manually download the plugin?

Regards,

Sebastian
--
http://sebstein.hpfsc.de/