Hi thanx,

yes I´m sure about step 3.) - it´s a self-made wrapper class generator,
based on reflection and therefore dependend on the .class files.
To split the module into 2 modules was my thought,too - but it would
change the existing build and introduce a  new module.....

But to package the XJC generated classes into one "stable" module is a
good point - I´ll try to modify our build that way in the future.

If there isn´t another solution, I´ll go for this,

CU, torsten

Mark Struberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
19.12.2007 11:19
Bitte antworten an
"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>

An
Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
RE: Lifecycle question: generate-sources, compile,
generate-wrapper-sources and compile again within one module

Are you sure that step 3.) is depending on the classes and not on the Java
sources?

A quick option would be to split 1+2 and 3+4 into 2 modules, so you'll get
2 independent
lifecycles which provides all you need. This is also a good idea if the
schema files do not change
that often, since you then can refer to explicit versions of the module
containing the xsd wrapper
and do not need to build and test it all the time.

LieGrü,
strub

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I need to
>
> 1.) generate-sources (maven-jaxb2-plugin) from some xsd-files
> 2.) compile these files
> 3.) generate-sources (wrapper Classes) based on the compiled class files
> 4.) compile all
>
> => how can I realize this behaviour within the Maven-Lifecycle ?
>
> Thanx for any advice,
>
> Torsten

      Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen?
www.yahoo.de/mail