this would be perfect, because now i did how it was recommended, but:

1. modified the parent trunk to snapshot.
2. did a release of the company pom. Released highest version is now 1.1
3. modified the first child in the chain:

   <parent>
        <groupId>eds</groupId>
        <artifactId>eds</artifactId>
        <version>LATEST</version>               <--- changed, LASTEST is
1.1 (currently highest version number of parent)
   </parent>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>eds.tweb</groupId>
   <artifactId>tweb</artifactId>
   <packaging>pom</packaging>
   <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
   <name>tweb</name>

4. install/deploy or release-prepare are all failing with following
error:

    [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
    [INFO]

    Project ID: eds.tweb:tweb:pom:1.1-SNAPSHOT

    Reason: Cannot find parent: eds:eds for project:
eds.tweb:tweb:pom:1.1-SNAPSHOT for project
eds.tweb:tweb:pom:1.1-SNAPSHOT

In this case i would expect that it would take version 1.1 of the parent
pom.

brgds

Dominique