that makes sense... so it seems that these checks will only be possible on
syntax level (check, if used types are from direct or transitive
dependencies), maybe i will give this check a try with a syntax analyzer
integrated in a continous integration build.
of course this won't save me from dynamic level (reflection). well, let's
see what can be done to at least reduce the direct access of transitive
libraries for this really makes maintaining difficult (e.g. site-effects
when removing library with loads of dependencies).

Heinrich Nirschl wrote:

> Unfortunately, this does not work. There are situations where the
> transitive dependencies
> are needed even during compile time (e.g. B uses a class from A that
> inherits from something in x).

so optional libraries only make sense if scope-marked as runtime...?