I changed the packaging of module C into jar, and no difference.
I think the copy-dependency plugin does not take into account dependencies
on artifacts on the reactor (in this case Module A and Module B), but only
on "real" dependencies from the repositorie.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding here, I don't want to pull in the
dependencies of Module C (the war), but I want to copy all the dependencies
of Module C (including Module A and Module B) to a specific directory, so
that later on I can do some additional processing on it. All dependencies
are there, even the transitive dependencies of module A and module B (which
are both packaged as Jar), except for ModuleA.jar and ModuleB.jar.

KR

Patrick Vanbrabant