looks like you stack trace show NPE At

        at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.starteam.command.changelog.StarteamChangeLogCommand.executeChangeLogCommand(StarteamChangeLogCommand.java:57)

and the exception shows this code

        if ( branch != null || StringUtils.isNotEmpty( branch.getName() ) )
        {
            this.getLogger().warn( "This provider doesn't support
changelog with on a given branch." );
        }

this code will surely throw NPE when branch is null.  Perhaps you can
fix up this code, build the starteam provider, and patch directly
to your continuum 1.1 and tell us the result?

I also notice you use continuum to do the maven release, perhaps you
should not use this feature until thing settled.

-D

-D