As I said before, you can probably make it work with dependency:unpack
or the assembly plugin, or something along those lines. Or you can
modify the EAR plugin and submit your modifications via JIRA. Or you
can submit a bug in JIRA and wait for someone else to write the code
to support this use case, but this is the least desirable option if
you want this done in any particular schedule of your choosing.

Wayne