dddzzz wrote:

> In hierarchical multi project I need to set parents versions. Every
> project in hierarchy has same version as root project. I would like to set
> it in one place and not in every POM.

Bad sample case. That can be done with properties. What I would nead now is
the property that would come from file that is not commited to SVN.  I would
like to set target dir with that property. So everyone that works with
project can set target dir pointing to Tomcat webapp dir. If properties
would be in some .properties file than every developer could set those
properties only once. The problem is that POMs are soposed to be commited so
everyone must set its taget dir in POM and be careful not to commit them.