On 07/01/2008, amit kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had resolved this problem, by putting the snapshots repository into
> pluginRepository tag rather than normal repository tag. Though can not
> explain why it worked but it just did.

plugins are only downloaded from plugin repositories listed under
<pluginRepositories>
so adding the snapshot repository to <repositories> would not enable
downloading of
the plugin snapshot (only any non-plugin snapshot artifacts that it depended
on)

also, installing the plugin manually (using install:install-file?) might not
have updated
the plugin metadata in your local repository, which would explain why it
only worked
once you added the snapshot plugin repository and Maven updated the
metadata...

HTH

Regards,

--