Hi Adam,

Sorry I missed your reply, only saw it now.

Basically my requirements is that I'm am developing APIs that will be shared
across different WARs, along with an integration with Pluto & J2 that needs
it's JARs deployed to the shared classloader.

I want to avoid manual copy as I want to automate this for building fully
functional deployments for QA and distribution. We have this process running
fine in Maven 1, but I must admit it is a hard transition for me to Maven 2.

In Maven 1 I simply used dependency properties to mark the libraries as
"shared", and had to be careful to maintain version consistency. In Maven 2
I am cleaning this process by using a top project for these dependencies,
but I'm still running into the problem of packaging these dependencies
properly, and only these.

Ideally I would like to have something like this :

appserver:deploy-shared-libs

And this would automatically deploy shared libraries into Tomcat 5.5, Tomcat
6, Websphere and Weblogic.

Any assistance on this topic would be really welcome. I hope it is clearer.

Regards,
  Serge Huber.