From: Matthew Tordoff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 9:25 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: Downloading artefacts

Instead of using the unpack-dependencies goal, try just using the unpack
goal, and specify each individual artifact you require ...

(I have attached my execution to the validate phase since I require the
files I import and unpack as part of later stages of the build).

 <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>Import and unpack required artifacts</id>
            <phase>validate</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>unpack</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <artifactItems>
                <artifactItem>
                  <groupId>group</groupId>
                  <artifactId>artifact</artifactId>
                  <version>version</version>
                  <type>zip</type>
                  <overWrite>true</overWrite>
                  <classifier>assembly identifier</classifier>
                </artifactItem>
              </artifactItems>

            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

Setting overwrite to true will always replace the local file.
Add more artifactItem definitions if you want to import multiple
artifacts.

For more information regarding this plugin visit:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/index.html

Regards,

Matt