The assembly plugin requires the package goal to be run prior (to get acces
to modules). mvn assembly:assembly fails with "xx-ear project has no file" !
-> mvn package assembly:attached (as described in plugin doc)

My project has some modules that builds maven plugins, used on other
modules, so install is required
-> mvn install assembly:attached

Next, my custom plugin works on the tar.gz produced by the assembly, so must
run next
-> mvn install assembly:attached com.mycompany:myplugin:custom-goal

I could force an @execute goal=assembly:assembly in my custom plugin, but
still nedd to run package before the assembly to work.