From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of nicolas de loof
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 1:22 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Multiple Artifacts, Same Source

Please correct me : what you need is a java 1.4 version of your java
1.5classes used on client / app server ?

Option 1 : compile with target = 1.4, so that same jar can be used on
all runtimes Option 2 : use retrotranslator to backport your j5 classes
to 1.4. This can be auto-configured in maven to produce two jars
(yourcode.jar and
yourcode-backport.jar)

As your code needs to be 1.4 compliant (no java5 construct), option1
seems simpliest.

Nico