Hi all,

I am looking at the best approach to importing maven built products into
an ANT build. The approach I have at the moment is having a
maven-imports folder within my build directory, and within that folder I
have a pom.xml describing a list of dependencies that are required by my
ANT build. As part of the ANT build I run 'mvn
dependency:unpack-dependencies' which collects all of the required
dependencies and either fetches them from the local repository (for
developer owned modules) or from an external repository if not found
locally (for other 3rd party dependencies, and modules developed by
other project teams released to the repository). The ANT build then
appropriately manipulates the imported dependencies.

I am not 100% certain that this is the correct approach because I feel
as if I am not using Maven in the way it was designed. Since the pom.xml
is not being used to describe a certain module or component, but instead
simply a means by which I can list all of the dependencies I need to
retrieve from the Maven repositories.

I look forward to hearing back about what suggestions you may have. Your
thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Matt

The content of this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be
read, copied and used only by the intended recipient and may not be disclosed,
copied or distributed. If you received this email in error, please contact the
sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44 20 7260 2000, delete
it and do not disclose its contents to any person. You should take full
responsibility for checking this email for viruses. Markit reserves the right
to monitor all e-mail communications through its network.
Markit and its affiliated companies make no warranty as to the accuracy or
completeness of any information contained in this message and hereby exclude
any liability of any kind for the information contained herein. Any opinions
expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Markit.
For full details about Markit, its offerings and legal terms and conditions,
please see Markit's website at http://www.markit.com <http://www.markit.com/> .