From: Jochen Wiedmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 1/21/2008 11:39 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Best practices for seperate releases of parent and modules

On Jan 21, 2008 11:00 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But when you release the parent, do you also release all the submodules or do
> you run mvn with non-recursive?

If the parent hasn't changed (in other words, if it hasn't a SNAPSHOT
version), then I am happy to release the submodules only. To be
honest, that "if" requires a certain degree of cautiousness. My
recommended approach to resolve that is to provide read-only access to
the parent for most developers except a few selected.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)