There is a newer version of the M2Eclipse plugin (0.0.12) which might make a
difference. Also, there are settings in Eclipse to control the highlighting
(see Windows-Preferences-Java-Editor and see if the "Report problems as you
type" box is checked).

Ben

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are
those of the author. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised
that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.