Hi,

I'm currently updating a code generator product to generate maven build
scripts as an alternative to Ant build scripts. Most of the dependencies in
the generated java code are open source jars and I can use the maven
<dependency> tags for those. However, the generated code also has
dependencies on commercial jars (such as Oracle JDBC drivers) that can not
go into a public maven repository and that I cannot distribute with my
product. The user will already have these jars locally.

How can I tell maven to put these local jars on the classpath when compiling
java code without using the dependency mechanism? I don't want to force
users to set up their own local repositories or to have to run maven
commands to install the jars in a local repository.

Thanks,

Andy.