On Jan 29, 2008 9:44 AM, Tom Huybrechts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you specify an explicit version in your POM, I would think that Maven
> always finds it ?

Probably, (and that's definitely a best practice,) but not everything
uses a pom.

'mvn archetype:create' comes to mind, for example... as well as 'mvn
deploy:deploy-file' itself.

Some corporate environments require approvals and manual deployment of
every artifact into their internal repos to tightly control what is
available.  I don't see a way to deploy a plugin with the correct
metadata until MDEPLOY-52 is fixed.

--
Wendy