On Jan 29, 2008 1:44 PM, Eric Miles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Figured out my problem although not sure why it's NOT a problem when I
> don't use Archiva.  This particular plugin (and no others) requires that
> I specify the version in order for the dependency to be downloaded.
> This isn't desirable as I'd like to have the upgrades to the plugins
> when they happen, however this is a workaround.
>
> Is this particular plugin deployed incorrectly?  Is that why
> archiva/maven can not find the correct current version information?

I'm curious, what does the maven-metadata.xml file look like through
Archiva?  Does it match what you see in the remote repo?

(If it's missing the 'latest' and/or 'release' elements for a plugin,
Maven will complain.)

FWIW, specifying the plugin version is a best practice to help ensure
reproducible builds.

--
Wendy