All,

We have just stood up an instance of Archiva and attempting to
incorporate it's use into our maven build processes.  However, there is
a lack of documentation for suggested practices on how to use it.

My biggest question is surrounding proxy connector usage.  I thought it
would be a good idea to proxy the central repository into a managed
repository, however it seems the repository scanner is running non-stop
now.  In over 11 hours of uptime, we have nearly a gig of logging
information and the system is scanning this particular managed
repository nearly non-stop.  Is this a bad idea?  Can anyone give me
some information on repository and database scans?  I've read the
documentation but I'm looking for a little more info.

Thanks in advance.

Eric