Please attach a small test project to jira (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA), it works for me. Just to be sure: the macro line is not indented in your apt source, right? (that would explain why the line is interpreted as an anchor).

-Lukas

Kallin Nagelberg wrote:
Ok, so I added a dependency to site plugin 2.0-beta-6 and now i can use the
file parameter like you suggested.

However, the generated html is not including the file like I expect. Instead
it is doing the following:

%<a
name="snippet|id=myid|file=src/main/resources/help/basichelp.txt">snippet|id=myid|file=src/main/resources/help/basichelp.txt</a>

given the apt:

%{snippet|id=myid|file=src/main/resources/help/basichelp.txt}