you should look into the Apache Felix bundle plugin. It has a
bundle:manifest goal that will generate the OSGi manifest, that's why
the eclipse pluign class is deprecated

Check "Adding OSGi metadata to existing projects without changing the
packaging type"
http://felix.apache.org/site/maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html

On Feb 4, 2008 9:27 AM, Marshall Schor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This seems a bug.  I opened a Jira issue
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-385, attached a patch and an
> updated test case.
>
> One issue may be the way I fixed it: I fixed a method
> getNormalizedVersion in EclipseOSGiManifestWriter, but that class is
> marked "deprecated" - so it may need to be fixed elsewhere.
>
> -Marshall
>

> Marshall Schor wrote:
> > We have a maven <version> for our incubating project which looks like:
> >
> > 2.3.0.incubating-SNAPSHOT
> >
> > The dot before incubating is there to make the format fit the Eclipse
> > syntax of major.minor.micro.qualifier
> >
> > When eclipse:eclipse updates the MANIFEST.MF, it changes this version to:
> >
> > 2.3.0.incubating.SNAPSHOT
> >
> > This causes Eclipse 3.3 to complain that the format (which now
> > contains 5 sections, separated by periods) is invalid.
> >
> > Can I set some configuration parameter to get eclipse:eclipse to not
> > change the last "-" before SNAPSHOT to a period?
> >
> > -Marshall Schor

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride