Hi,
It is supposed to deploy company artifacts to the LAN repository and use
them from other artifacts which depend on them. But I am facing this problem
with the parent tag inside the pom of the deployed artifact.

Say I have deployed *a.jar* ( whose pom has a parent tag, since it is a
sub-module of the whole project as such), and *b.jar* has *a.jar* in its
dependency.
Now when I run a maven goal I see the error in which it tells that maven was
not able to find the the parent pom ( it sees the parent tag in the *a.jar's
* pom and tries to look for it, which obviously it doesn't find.) The parent
to *a.jar* is just a logical project with packaging type as pom.

Could someone please help out. This problem kind of brought everything in
release automation on the knees.

Regards,
Amit