Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone has any best practises for updating the global
settings.xml in Maven. I have considered checking the conf folder into SVN, or
even potentially checking the whole maven install into SVN, then when changes
are made send out an email and people can just do an SVN update to pick up the
changes. The only disadvantage of this process is that it relies on people
reading their mail and kicking off the update. I would preferably like a method
of automatically publishing changes which would automatically update all
developers machines.

Any thoughts around this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

P.S. I would also be interested on your views regarding checking in solely the
settings.xml file into version control, vs checking in the whole install.

http://www.searchgamesbox.com