There is already an issue for this in JIRA:
  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-250

If you want to increase the possibility of it being solved, you should vote for that issue.

Rahul Thakur wrote:
I don't think Maven can do this. You will need to delete the site manually from the remote machine.

I think this is a common use-case and might be an idea opening a JIRA issue for this feature.

Rahul

Savita_p_m wrote:
Hi

mvn clean site-deploy doesn't delete the site on the remote machine before
deploying the latest one.
Is there anyway I can do this? Any setting or property would help me to
clean the target folder at remote machine before deploying the new site?

I want to delete the folder before deploying the new one.
Regards
Savita

Dennis Lundberg