Hi all;

I tried searching for this problem but couldn't find a reference. I installed
Archiva 1.0.1 on tomcat 6 on a debian machine. I followed the instructions on
the admin guide. I was able to login as admin and create few users. My users
can access the maven repository by using direct URL, (even when I lock the
guest account my users can authenticate with their username passwords when
using the direct url for the repository.) i.e.
http://hostname:8080/archiva/repository/internal/
But they cannot login using the management user interface. When ever I try to
enter username password I get the error "You entered an incorrect username
and/or password".
I tried to look at the log files and couldn't find anything relevant. Not sure
if the two problems are related or not but I have not recieved any emails from
Archiva as well. So I have two questions:
1. any idea on how I can fix the incorrect username password problem from the
web application
2. Where can I change the mail settings? (our university mail policy is
probably blocking everything, I need to set it up to use our servers. )

Thank you for your help

M.