On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Ionut Scutaru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Recently we needed to create a new branch for our code and we realized the
>  documentation generated by maven with "mvn site:site" will drift apart in
>  time. So we need to deploy both versions of the site (multiple versions for
>  the future maybe ?)

Here's an example from the Archiva project.  The top-level site is a
separate module and has general information.  The version-specific
documentation is in another module that gets versioned and released
with the code.  And then there are reference docs (Javadoc, test
reports, etc.).  So we end up with:

http://maven.apache.org/archiva (top level site)
http://maven.apache.org/archiva/docs/1.0 (documentation for version 1.0)
http://maven.apache.org/archiva/ref/1.0 (reference docs for 1.0, such
as Javadoc)

(This is done by using ${version} in the distributionManagement site
url, so it always deploys to the right place.)

--
Wendy