Olivier Dehon-2 wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 11:35 -0800, Guillaume Bilodeau wrote:
>
>> This question is mostly for the Eclipse plugin guys - sorry if this isn't
>> the right place.
>>
>> We are developing a portal application using RAD7 and deploying it on IBM
>> WebSphere Portal 6.  It seems that after switching a project's directory
>> structure to the Maven2 layout, hot deployment stopped working.
>
> I had the same issue. I had to upgrade to RAD 7.0.0.5, and move
> src/main/webapp to WebContent (with corresponding pom configuration) to
> keep RAD happy.
>
> -Olivier

I'm already running 7.0.0.5.  I've worked on this problem a little more:

. I created a new portlet project using the RAD wizard and with the default
project structure (src and WebContent).  I deployed it and tested hot
redeploy on both JSPs and classes: everything works.
. I converted the structure piece by piece to the Maven2 structure.  Once
again, hot redeploy on both JSPs and classes works.
. I tried converting an existing project to the Maven2 structure.  Hot
redeploy fails for both JSPs and class files with this project.

A few interesting things:

. Hot redeploy can work with a Maven2 directory structure.
. The project created with the RAD wizard isn't deployed by copying files to
the WPS profile or to a org.eclipse.wst.server.core temp directory.

I'll post my further findings later.

Cheers,
GB