On Feb 17, 2008 9:00 AM, Filipe David Manana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using Maven 2 as the build tool for my project.
> My application uses a DataSource provided by Tomcat. Is it possible to write
> unit tests that use this datasource?
> By the way, Tomcat runs on a remote machine, available in a computing center
> and without X11.
>
> I accept suggestions.

What are you really trying to test?  If you're interested in unit
testing the code you're writing, then you might want to mock the data
source and not worry about connecting to the real one.  I always go
back to "JUnit in Action" for this kind of thing. :)

Or are you more interested in running in-container tests that use a
real database?

--
Wendy