For 2), use a simple pom that declares a dependency on the artifact, using <version>[0,)</version>, then you can use the maven-dependency-plugin to do whatever you want with it.
For 1) I don't know.

regards,

Stefan

Julien Stern wrote:
Hi list,

I'm using Maven2 and Archiva.

I'm looking for a way to programatically perform the following
(or at least to be able to call it from a CLI):

1) Obtain the available versions of an artifact in my Archiva
2) Retrieve the latest SNAPSHOT of a given version of an artifact
   from the Archiva

I did not find any straightforward way to do this, except fetching
the various maven-metadata.xml from all the repositories defined in
the Archiva, parsing them, and deducing available versions and the
correct paths to fetch the latest SNAPSHOT.

This is not terribly complicated, but I felt like reinventing the wheel.
After all, Maven2 is doing essentially this, at least for #2, all the
time, so I'm sure I can re-use some module, or even maybe that this is
done already.

Can I use a Maven2 plugin ? A Maven2 standalone component ?

Thank you for any hint / javadoc links / code samples / etc

Regards,

--
Julien

best regards,