Hi all

I have a problem with the property inheritance in the maven site project.

I have a multi-module project. The base pom looks like this:

<project>

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>my.project</groupId>
  <artifactId>all</artifactId>
  <packaging>pom</packaging>
  <version>${project.version}</version>

  <properties>
    <project.version>1.0</project.version>
  </properties>

</project>

The poms of the subprojects look like this:

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <parent>
    <groupId>my.project</groupId>
    <artifactId>all</artifactId>
    <version>${project.version}</version>
    <relativePath>../Build/pom.xml</relativePath>
  </parent>
</project>

This works fine for the install goal (wich use a lot of different
plugins for special purposes) but not for the site plugin. A call to
"mvn site" produces the following error:

[INFO] [site:stage]
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/my/project/${project.version}/all-${project.version}.pom
[INFO] Parent project loaded from repository.
[INFO] Parent project loaded from repository.
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/my/project/${project.version}/all-${project.version}-site_en.xml
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The site descriptor cannot be resolved from the repository: No
such file or directory

When I change to explicit version numbers in both poms everything works
fine. Obviously the site plugin has problems with resolving the property.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Christian