At 2:51 PM -0800 2/21/08, krishnan.1000 wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am a Maven newbie. So please forgive my ignorance. I am using Maven 2x for
>project  and dependency management. I am creating a jar package. My project
>requires that the jar be deployed on a remote server. I can create a jar of
>all the classes. I would like to create a mega jar with all the expanded
>dependent jars in the generated jars. Is there a command for this or do I
>have to create a customized goal for this?

we tend to use the dependency plugin to fetch the jars, and then just package up
the result.

you need a separate pom for each package (so you can list the dependencies).

there are several example poms in the following directories with various levels
of complexity in the final package requirements.  listed from simplest to more
complex:

https://open-jbi-components.dev.java.net/source/browse/open-jbi-components/ojc-core/filebc/packaging

https://open-jbi-components.dev.java.net/source/browse/open-jbi-components/packaging/
        https://open-esb.dev.java.net/source/browse/open-esb/esb-packages/

If you need something even more complex, then the assembly plugin may be the
way to go.

-Russ