Your question is not precise enough. I suggest you read
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
and have a look at
http://cvs.peopleware.be/training/maven/maven2/buildLifecyclePhases.html

regards,

Stefan

san84 wrote:
thank u but how can i do using maven 2?

plz let me know with ex

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
san84 schrieb:
hi all,
how can i define a goal which depends on other goal in my maven.xml
in ant we can do it as follow like
blabla
<target name="a" depends ="b">
blabla
please let me know

What is the actual problem you are trying to solve? In other words, what
do "a" and "b" do, and why does b need to run first?

Maven has this concept of "phases" that it runs through in order, with
zero or more plugins attached to each phase. So to do something before
some other thing, the plugins are bound to the appropriate phases. But
the stuff which is set up by default covers almost all cases already...

Regards, Simon

best regards,

Stefan Seidel
software developer