On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Arash Bizhan zadeh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I put dependencies there, wouldn't all projects download them even though
>  they may not really need them? Can Archiva help us in this situation?

Wayne said <dependencyManagement>, not <dependencies>.  The former is
more like a suggestion to the child project-- if the child project
declares a dependency and leaves out the version, it will get the
version from the parent's <dependencyManagement> section.

A child project can still override this, so you can't force the
version number from the parent.

Yes, Archiva can help.  You can control the contents so that
developers don't have access to things that are not approved.

(You'll need to use mirrors, and especially mirrorOf * in settings.xml
to prevent access to external repositories.)

--
Wendy