From: Eugeny N Dzhurinsky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:56 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: JNI, freehep-nar-plugin and assembly plugin question

Hello, everybody!

I need some help with this task:

We have a project which consists of several modules, and now we need to
add the new one - but this module has a binding to JNI, which requires
to compile and link native code. After the research I've found there is
a plugin at FreeHEP (freehep-nar-plugin) which seems to perform such
kind of task and is able to compile and link native sources within
Maven. This works fine until we tried to assemble the application in
single ZIP archive - we need to include the *.so files in this archive,
however the nar plugin does create a some archive (*.nar) which includes
these SO files, and the question now - how is it possible to unpack this
archive (looks like it is a regular ZIP file?) BEFORE assembling and
then include the *.so files into resulting archive.

Thank you in advance!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky