On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:51 AM, author <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  When I run simple mvn archetype:create –DgroupId=com.litvinyuk
>  –DartifactId=my–app
>   then C:\Documents and Settings\Ang\my-app> mvn compile
>
>  success
>
>  C:\Documents and Settings\Ang\my-app> mvn deploy
>  [INFO]------------------------------------------
>  [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>  WHY???

As the error says, you have not configured the distribution management
urls, so Maven doesn't know where you want to deploy the artifacts.

You can use 'mvn install' to build, test, and install the artifact in
your _local_ repo (typically ~/.m2/repository).

See:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

--
Wendy