Hi all,

I am using Maven ANT tasks to deploy a number of JAR files I produce as part of
my build. For each JAR file I have a corresponding pom.xml file (not called
pom.xml however:) ).

I define references to these files in my build script as follows:

<artifact:pom id="xxx.pom" file="xxx.xml"/>

And later refer to them when I want to deploy as follows:

<artifact:deploy file="xxx.jar">
  <remoteRepository refid="my-repository"/>
  <pom refid="xxx.pom"/>
</artifact:deploy>

Since I have multiple pom files (one for each JAR file to deploy) I need to set
the version of the JAR artifacts in every pom file. To avoid having to do this
I tried adding a property <deploy.version> inside of my settings.xml as follows:

<settings>
<profiles>
   <profile>
      <id>default</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <properties>
         <deploy.version>version_number</deploy.version>
      </properties>
   </profile>
</profiles>
</settings>

I have then put ${deploy.version} inside of the version tag of each of my poms.
The issue is that when I run my ANT deploy task this variable is not translated
from ${deploy.version}, however, if I rename each of the pom files to pom.xml
and run "mvn help:effective-pom" then the property name is appropriately
substituted with whatever I have set <deploy.version> to in settings.xml.

My question is... why is there this inconsistency in substitution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Matt

Telly addicts unite!