Hi all,

I'm using maven-release-plugin 2.0-beta-7 to release some artefact.
It worked very very fine for a project that didn't have any SNAPSHOT dependency.

We have to projects A et B that are 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
B depends on A.

I just released A-2.1.0-m1 with maven-release-plugin. As this is not a final
version yet, the "next development version" has been left to 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.

Then I tried to do the same with B. As expected, it asked me to update the
dependency against A-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
I want to release a B-2.1.0-m1 that would depends on the A-2.1.0-m1 I just
released, but the plugin won't let me say my "next dev version" is
2.1.0-SNAPSHOT for B too.

I think this is the problem: it seems like the scenario doesn't allow putting a
"next development version" that equals the current.
However it seems like it's totally common use case when releasing an alpha,
before a beta and so on.

However, it worked fine with A project without dependency, why not for B?

It seems like there's something the plugin doesn't accept, but it doesn't say
anything but asking me again about that version number...

Here's the output :
C:\projet\MIPIH\workspace\Socle Fonctionnel>mvn release:prepare -Dresume=false
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'release'.
[INFO] Ignoring available plugin update: 2.4 as it requires Maven version 2.0.8
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Socle Fonctionnel
[INFO]    task-segment: [release:prepare] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] [release:prepare]
[INFO] Verifying that there are no local modifications...
[INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive status
[INFO] Working directory: C:\projet\MIPIH\workspace\Socle Fonctionnel
[INFO] Checking dependencies and plugins for snapshots ...
There are still some remaining snapshot dependencies.: Do you want to resolve
them now? (yes/no) no: : yes
Dependency type to resolve,: specify the selection number ( 0:All 1:Project
Dependencies 2:Plugins 3:Reports 4:Extensions ): (0/1/2/3) 1: :
Resolve Project Dependency Snapshots.: 'mipih:socle-technique' set to release?
(yes/no) yes: :
What is the next development version? (2.1.1-SNAPSHOT) 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT: :
2.1.0-SNAPSHOT

What is the next development version? (2.1.1-SNAPSHOT) 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT: :
2.1.0-SNAPSHOT

What is the next development version? (2.1.1-SNAPSHOT) 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT: :
2.1.0-SNAPSHOT

What is the next development version? (2.1.1-SNAPSHOT) 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT: :
2.1.0-SNAPSHOT

... And so on. I tried ten times or so to see if I reach a threshold, but this
really seems to loop.

Is this a bug or some misuse of mine? Please let me know if I should file an
issue.

Cheers.