Sahoo wrote:
A/c to http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Versioning, 1.4.1-ea-SNAPSHOT results in a qualifier=ea-SNAPSHOT. Is this still considered a SNAPSHOT? What I mean by that is, if a new binary is posted in repository, will maven still download it just like it does for a SNAPSHOT version? If not, what's the best way to indicate "early access build" in a version string. I am using maven 2.0.7.

Yes, it's considered a snapshot.

Any version ending -SNAPSHOT is a snapshot. Actually, some bits of Maven's code treat anything ending in SNAPSHOT as a snapshot, so "1fooSNAPSHOT" would be considered a snapshot - but using such version numbers would be unwise.

Max.