Hey David,
so I have tried to reproduce your test scenario but for some reason I still
have the same problem. In the following is the code of pom.xml:

folder structure:
files to copy:::
src/main/Customer/web.xml
src/main/Customer/WEB-INF/config/cd.xml
src/main/Customer/WEB-INF/config/config.properties

files to overwrite:::
src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/config/cd.xml
src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/config/config.properties

<profile>
  <id>customer1</id>
  <properties>
    <config.setPath>Customer</config.setPath>
    <webXML>src/main/Customer/web.xml</webXML>
  </properties>
</profile>

      <plugin>
        <version>2.0.2</version>
        <configuration>
          <webXml>${webXML}</webXml>
          <directory>src/main/webapp</directory>

          <webResources>
            <resource>
              <directory>src/main/${config.setPath}</directory>
            </resource>
          </webResources>

        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Well right now I can't see any remarkable difference between your code and
mine, have you tried out what happens if you don't use the
<warSourceDirectory>webapp</warSourceDirectory> and especially if it still
works correct if you have two files in your default WEB-INF but you only want
to overwrite one of the files?
thx in advance

-------- Original-Nachricht --------