You could try out the remote-resources plugin, or simply make a zip with
assembly:single (in a pom project) and then use dependency:unpack to
extract the resources where you want them in the war.

-----Original Message-----
From: Leonard Gestrin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:05 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: war overlay and merging localized resources

Hello,
I am very impressed how maven war plugin can overlay multiple war files.
However, I could not find any plugin that can also merge localized
resource files.

Since it's not possible to define multiple resource bundles in web.xml,
I think there is need to be able to merge localized resource bundles at
the time ov overlaying wars.

Has any one had that issue  and possible solution?

This is the scenario

CommonWar\WEB-INF\ CommonResources_en.properties
CommonWar\WEB-INF\ CommonResources_ja.properties

AppWar\WEB-INF\AppWarResources_en.properties
AppWar \WEB-INF\AppWarResources_ja.properties

During build time, I am overlaying AppWar with CommonWar. I want

Target/appwar-1.0-snapshot/WEB-INF/classes AppWarResources_en.properties
to be (AppWar\WEB-INF\AppWarResources_en.properties + CommonWar\WEB-INF\
CommonResources_en.properties)

Target/appwar-1.0-snapshot/WEB-INF/classes AppWarResources_ja.properties
to be (AppWar\WEB-INF\AppWarResources_ja.properties + CommonWar\WEB-INF\
CommonResources_ja.properties)

Thanks
Leonard