On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Patrick Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  1. "mvn deploy" on the top level - I only want to deploy the war (which is
>  in the 'web' module). Mvn deploys everything. Not at all obvious how to
>  change that behavior. Rather than spend any more time on this issue, I just
>  cd to the web module and run mvn there. Shouldn't have to do it ... easy to
>  do something like this with ant. mvn makes it impossible(?).
>
>  2. Connection goes down while deploying. "mvn deploy" rebuilds everything
>  (when it works - a lot of times there is some corruption in one of its
>  metadata files?) So most of the time I just scp up the war myself.

Sounds like you might want Cargo (or a Tomcat|JBoss|Geronimo plugin)
rather than the deploy plugin.

'mvn deploy' means deploy to the remote _artifact_ repository, not to
an app server.

For new users the Maven terms 'repository' and 'deploy' cause
confusion since they already have meanings, usually referring to
things like 'the Subversion repository' and as mentioned, deploying to
test or production application servers.

--
Wendy