Sorry if this is a repost... Not sure if the first one got out...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Urooj Khan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:04:24 -0400
Subject: maven2 assembly plug-in
To: users@maven.apache.org

i'm using the assembly plug-in to create an assembly in the form of a
directory which contains my
jar file which is created by maven and it also contains a lib directory with
all the jar files that are dependencies of this build

this is what my assembly xml looks like

<assembly>
  <id>dist</id>
  <formats>
    <format>dir</format>
  </formats>
  <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
  <fileSets>
    <fileSet>
      <directory>target</directory>
      <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>
      <includes>
        <include>*.jar</include>
      </includes>
    </fileSet>
  </fileSets>
  <dependencySets>
    <dependencySet>
      <outputDirectory>/lib</outputDirectory>
      <unpack>false</unpack>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependencySet>
  </dependencySets>
</assembly>

when i run $>mvn clean package assembly:assembly

i get my ${project}.jar in the target directory and i also get a directory
called ${project.build.dir} inside the target directory.
this directory contains my ${project}.jar and a /lib directory with all the
dependency jars...

i want to rename ${project.build.dir} that maven creates to just
${project}.dir

any idea how i can do that?

please help.

thanks.