Hi,

I found out that the resource plugin is capable of simply copying files to a
directory. I would like to use this to update files in my tomcat webapps
project folder (when necessary). However, I am already using the plugin to copy
resources to the war file that is generated in the regular build phases (1):
<build>
   <resources>
     <resource>
        <directory>${basedir}/src/configuration</directory>
        <includes>
          <include>*.xml</include>
        </includes>
      </resource>
    </resources>

I tried to additionally add (2):
<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
<outputDirectory>${MY_OUTPUT_DIR}</outputDirectory>
<resources>
  <resource>
   <directory>${MYRESOURCES_DIRECTORY}</directory>
   <includes>
    <include>**/*.jsp</include>
    <include>**/*.js</include>
    <include>**/*.css</include>
   </includes>
 </resource>
 </resources>
 </configuration>
</plugin>

However, this (2) didn't work out - Maven still used the settings I had
specified under build.

Finally I found a temporary solution, using profiles:
<profile>
        <id>myspecialfunc</id>
        <build>
        <resources>
     <resource>
      <directory>${MYRESOURCES_DIRECTORY}</directory>
      <includes>
         <include>**/*.jsp</include>

         <include>**/*.js</include>
         <include>**/*.css</include>
       </includes>
     </resource>
   </resources>
        </build>
</profile>
Then, when calling:

mvn resources:resources -P myspecialfunc

it works as desired. However I don't really like it that way, as the other
developers would have to remember this kinda complicated call.
Isn't there an easier way to get this done?

Thanks in advance,

Stefanie
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/[EMAIL PROTECTED]