Karr, David wrote:
I know very little about maven2.  I'm trying to step through a Struts2
tutorial (Ian Roughley's book).

After executing the following:

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.fdar.apress.s2
-DartifactId=struts2-starter -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
-DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
-DarchetypeVersion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT
-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository

I then did "mvn jetty:run", and it said:

        The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin'
does not exist or no valid version could be found

What would be the correct way to resolve this?  Could the original
command-line have been amended to avoid this in the first place?

Can you try mvn -U jetty:run instead?