On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Jon Strayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Given this scm entry from a pom:
>     <scm>
>         <connection>
>             scm:cvs:ext:${cvs.user)@
>  freehost3270.org:/home/jstrayer/cvsroot:freehost3270
>         </connection>
>     </scm>
>
>  when I execute
>  mvn scm:update
>
>  It just hangs as if it's waiting for a password somewhere.
>
>  But when I execute
>
>  ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>  I am connected without a password prompt.
>
>  I'm running in cygwin, so there might be a problem there.  But I also tried
>  in a Windows shell (/cygwin/bin/ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]) and I was
>  able to log in then too.
>
>  What do I need to look at next?

Have you tried

        <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
          <configuration>
            <providerImplementations>
              <cvs>cvs_native</cvs>
            </providerImplementations>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>

There is something I remember about mvn using an internal cvs tool
until you set this value.

Can't recall the exact details now.