For those interested, at the end there's going to be 2 proposals, the
one that Jason mentions and the previously submitted Eclipse IAM
http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/iam based on the Q4E work
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/

Both are independent and both can be approved for inclusion in the
Eclipse Foundation.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  This is for those interested in Maven/Eclipse integration.
>
>  I have just finished going through the process of getting our project
>  proposal submitted to Eclipse. So what this means is that the idea
>  floats around for about a month and then we go through a creation
>  review process. The process is outlined here if anyone is interested:
>
>  http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/proposal-phase.php
>
>  So this is where we are now:
>
>  1) We have mentors, which is required to get to the next phase. We
>  have the great fortune to have Ed Merks of the EMF project, and Chris
>  Aniszczyk of the PDE project.
>  2) We have a relatively diverse committer base, which we will improve
>  upon
>  3) We have many interested parties from industry and the community
>
>  You can see the proposal here:
>
>  http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/m2e/
>
>  The newsgroup should be setup within the next 48 hours and we'll begin
>  working toward our Creation Process Review. Woo hoo!
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Jason

>  Jason van Zyl
>  Founder,  Apache Maven
>  jason at sonatype dot com
>
>  the course of true love never did run smooth ...
>
>  -- Shakespeare

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
 -- The Princess Bride