No, you can't "create new goals using XML". And this is not "wicked
lame" -- its a good thing for people who care about consistent and
repeatable builds across their organization.

You can however bind multiple occurrences of the antrun plugin (with
varying configurations) to multiple phases if you need various things
done automatically at various times in the build. Or you can use
profiles as I suggested and call a specific Antrun execution.

Maven is not Ant. If you want to use Ant, then just use it instead.

Wayne